Picture: The six finalist students attended an ‘Insurance 101’ welcome event hosted by Josh Agar at MLC Life Insurance’s office on 1st August 2019, attended by ALUCA Board members Mark Raberger and Amanda Stow along with Amanda Ide from MLC Life Insurance.
The 2019 ALUCA – MLC- Monash prize winners for industry collaboration for Allied Health Students was announced at a special final awards presentation and prize night at MLC Life Insurance’s office on 10th October. It was attended by ALUCA Chair, Jim Welsh who was part of the awards panel along with key MLC and Monash staff including Professor Marilyn Baird.
The six finalists prepared a (written and verbal) response to key questions facing underwriting and claims professionals today. They were each supported by their MLC mentors from the insurance underwriting and claims business units provided by MLC. The MLC mentors assisting in developing the students understanding of the life insurance industry and supported them for the duration of the award process.
A huge thanks to all of the judges involved:
- Marilyn Baird Associated Dean, Learning and Teaching (Monash University)
- Natalie Cameron Chief of Customer Operations (MLC life Insurance)
- Mick Jones Chief Underwriter (MLC Life Insurance)
- Lyndon Kirk Executive Lead, Wellness (MLC Life Insurance)
- Amanda Ide Executive Lead, Retail Claims (MLC Life Insurance)
- Jim Welsh Board Chair (ALUCA)
Congratulations to the 2019 winner of the ALUCA – MLC – Monash prize for industry collaboration for health students, Monash University student Charles Chu with his winning submission: Beyond a binocular view: the interface between behavioural economics and income protection packages.