Colin Biggers & Paisley invites you to attend the first of a series of national seminars on recent developments and legal issues in the life insurance industry followed by networking with drinks and canapes.
Toby Blyth, Special Counsel, will address the remedies available to life insurers under section 29 of the Insurance Contracts Act, and the practicalities of meeting the reasonable and prudent insurer test.
David Kerwin, Partner, Emma O’Conner, Senior Associate, and Laura Reisz, Special Counsel, will provide an update on the implementation of the Life Insurance Code of Practice on 1 July 2017, and what the year ahead might hold.
Vanessa Kemp, Partner, and Carolyn Wait, Senior Associate, will address how the move from lump sum TPD payments to instalments might impact the industry and consumers.
Date of event:
- Sydney / Thursday 27 July
- Melbourne/ Thursday 10 August
- Brisbane/ Thursday 17 August
Time of event:
4.15pm for a 4.30pm start
- Colin Biggers & Paisley | Level 42, 2 Park Street, Sydney
- Colin Biggers & Paisley | Level 23, 181 William Street, Melbourne
- Colin Biggers & Paisley | Waterfront Place, Level 35, 1 Eagle Street, Brisbane
RSVP at your earliest convenience to our events team at email@example.com or contact 02 8281 4648. Please specify which seminar location you will be attending.
This session will be relevant to both underwriters and those in claims. Please forward to any colleagues who may be interested in attending.